Salkantay Trek Without Guide
Is it possible to go to Machu Picchu by Salkantay Trek Without Guide?
The answer is yes, but you have to take several things in mind before going on your own and without a guide.
- Be prepared for height.
- Be in good physical condition
- Wanting to go to Machu Picchu.
- Check the cost below.
Costs of Salkantay Trek Solo
Going to salkantay trek without guide will be not a good idea, but even we don’t recommended you can do it.
Here a list of Cost for going to Machu Picchu by Salkantay Alone or Without a Guide.
- Bus from Cusco to Mollepata (Colectivo – like public trasnportation): 15 soles
- Taxi from Mollepata to Soraypampa: 80 soles for 3 people
- Mollepata Tickets: 10 soles
- Rent a tent in Chaullay: 10 soles
- Sahuayaco to Hidroelectrica (Colectivo): 15 soles
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes: 30 soles
- Machu Picchu main grounds ticket: 152 soles
- Group tour in Machu Picchu: 30 soles
- Bus from Hidroelectrica to Cusco: 30 soles
Total food costs (food we packed for camping, one restaurant meal in Aguas Calientes): 50 soles
TOTAL COST: 422 soles ≈ $125 USD (Price will change, and depends what time of the year you are going)
Other optional prices below.
- Hostel bed/tent at a guesthouse in Chaulley: 20-30 soles
- Macchu Pichu main grounds + Montaña Machu Picchu ticket: 200 soles
- Macchu Pichu main grounds + Huayna Picchu ticket: 200 soles