When we talk about bus to Machu Picchu, we usually refer to the point from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Citadel, if you are looking for information about going to Machu Picchu by bus and not taking the train, this section is known as Machu Picchu By Car.
Something we should know is that, this small section can be covered on foot as well, and this walk can take from 1 hour to 2 hours. The most recommendable thing is to take the bus.
How to buy bus tickets to Machu Picchu?
The purchase of the bus ticket can be made at the Consettur offices in person or through its website.
- Av. Infancia 433 – Wanchaq – From 8 am – 1 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm
- Av. El Sol 380 – Banco Interbank – From 9 am – 6 pm
In Machu Picchu Pueblo – Aguas Calientes
- Av. Hermanos Ayar S / N, before Puente Ruinas. From Monday to Sunday from 5 am to 9 pm
If you decide to do it in person, you must pay the amount and present your passport or identity card.
If you decide to do it through Consettur’s website, you only have to fill in the reservation form on the website and pay by credit or debit card.
How much do bus tickets to Machu Picchu cost?
|Ticket Bus Consettur||Price|
Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu in office
|ADULT FOREIGNER Up and Down||24.00 USD$|
|ADULT FOREIGNER Up or Down||12.00 USD$|
|CHILDREN FOREIGNER Up and Down||12.00 USD$|
|CHILDREN FOREIGNER Up or Down||7.00 USD$|
|ADULT FOREIGNER Up and Down||15.00 USD$|
|ADULT NATIONAL Up or Down||8.00 USD$|
|STUDENT NATIONAL Up and Down||10.00 USD$|
|STUDENT NATIONAL Up or Down||6.00 USD$|
|CHILDREN NATIONAL Up and Down||8.00 USD$|
|CHILDREN NATIONAL Up or Down||5.00 USD$|
|GUIDE Up and Down||PEN S/. 12.00|
|LOCALS CUSCO Up and Down||PEN S/. 19.00|
|LOCALS MACHUPICCHU Up and Down||PEN S/. 8.00|
Bus departure times
Buses leave every 10 minutes, in the morning hours long queues form to get on the buses, so vehicles leave every 5 minutes.
- There is no fixed schedule on the bus ticket. Vehicles start every 5 or 10 minutes. The visitor can take any of them.
- The tickets are not sold out. You can buy one during your visit to Cusco.
- In case you have some of the Machu Picchu tickets that include the mountains, it is recommended to get on the bus.
- The bus ascent to Machu Picchu will depend on the time you choose to enter the Inca City (morning or afternoon shift).
- The buses to Machu Picchu are ecological, have air conditioning and are the only vehicles authorized to travel the Hiram Bingham trail.
- Bus tickets are as important as train tickets.
The buses leave from the town of Aguas Calientes. The usual stop is in ‘Hermanos Ayar’ Avenue, a few meters from the train station and 2 blocks from the square
The buses arrive at the entrance to Machu Picchu. From there, you take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
Going by bus takes about 30 minutes, the road is quiet, and has no complications, the road is not paved.
No, it’s a short route, only Consettur company cars transit.
The first bus leave at 5:30 AM and the last one leaves at 3:30 PM
There are not exactly a bus to reach Machu Picchu, but it is a combination of Bus + Hiking + Bus
If you are in Aguas Calientes and you love hiking, maybe a good recommendation is to go by walk.
It is valid for only 3 days.